Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day



Ahhh, Valentine's Day. The one day of the year when the shallow amongst us clamber for more bling and hold our loved ones close to our wallets. Ahhh, it just smacks of love and devotion. Sigh...

Ok, so I'm not exactly a hopeless romantic. I don't think I need a special day to make John feel special. With a little help from the ladies he works with this year's Valentine's Day gift was one to remember!

John's coworker Pattie sent me an IM last week wanting an idea to prank him. He was on vacation last week so they had time to put everything together without him being around and she wanted to take advantage of it. I made a few suggestions that she liked and then suggested they put a big sign on it that said "Happy Valentine's Day Love, Beth" on it. Pattie worked all week at getting the materials together and they wrapped his desk in cellophane and jello'd his coffee cup. They threw a few Valentine's decorations here and there and viola!

John's Valentine's Day gift:
The little cups all over the place are full of those little heart shaped candies. They did a great job. I probably would have done more, I have a propensity toward excess, but they did a good job considering he's going to get even with them some time.

He was pretty surprised. I'm sure he thought last year's singing telegram was a one time thing. Maybe we have the makings of a tradition here. He'll be on guard next year though.

...should have wrapped up his chair too.

There's always room for jello!

1 comment: